Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Return

I'm back, and alive. And If I've learned anything in my abscence, it's that God is great, friends are good, and Chocolate is still divine. I took a a couple's month hiatus to actually go out and have a life, and that's exactly what I did. So many sleepovers, Glee nights, late-night conversations of life, reglion, and love, so much good food and the comfort of friends. I can't describe just how wonderfully God has blessed my life with some of the people that I've met down here.

For instance, on my birthday March 16th, people showered me with love. People back home sent me gifts I was ever so grateful for and people here did something special as well. They threw me a surprise birthday party with a cake that can't be called any less than epic. It was pure chocolate, laced with Kit Kats, Reese's Cups, and Swiss Rolls to make the character Wall-e! I absolutely loved it...HUGE SHOUTOUT to first friend and first wife Dayna Perez! My friends also got me gifts of chocolate, stuffed pandas (the ultimate mammal), and a sketching of Tiana. Its so funny how people who have known me for so little a time know me so very well. My family also rolled in. I had fun playing in all the park with them. It was stressful at times, but it was all good in the end.

I've lerned a lot about people, and human behavior in general. Fascinating the way men and women interact with each other. I spend like no time at home and I was constantly surrounded by people. Having such an active social life comes with it's dramas. I honestly feel like I'm in the real world. People hooking up, breaking up, fighting about it, drinking or smoking it all away, then talking behind people's backs about it all. I'm just wondering where are the cameras.

All in all, I've enjoyed my time away but its time to get back to business. Need to start blogging again, I need to round out this journey the same way I came into it with. Introspection, reflection, mediation, and prayer...always prayer. I find myself at a point where I need God more than ever. I need to refocus my life, while maintaing the simple pleasures this world has to offer me. Much like Liz in EAT PRAY LOVE, whom I will end my journey with as I will pick the book back up.

So Here we go...back into the abyss. Everybody with me? Ok....Caro Dio, la mia forza.

No comments:

Post a Comment