Monday, May 24, 2010

People

In the past few days I've had several new and magical experiences, mostly including Dining. The other day I dined with Disney royalty. All of the princesses, Dayna, Dayna's new boyfriend who is fantastic, Alexandra, and I ate in Norway at EPCOT for lunch. I had traditional Kjottkaker, a meatball dish made with capers, served with mashed potatoes and a delcious sweet and savory gravy. It was astounding, especially the part where we got a pre-buffet of fresh fruit, including one of my favorities, honeydew, and slices of lobster, salmon, and mahi mahi. And for dessert, a divine chocolate moussse cake that was utter bliss, and a cheese strawberry danish, and a rice pudding with fresh berries. We got pictures with all the princesses. They were all pretty great other than Ariel, who, sadly to say, was kind of a bimbo. Snow White was incrediblly sweet and wonderful. The rest of them kind of had a few seconds at the table, got a picture, and split. But all in all it was rather wonderful. The next one was with Katey and I. Katey is absolutely wonderful, and I enjoy her compnay ever so much. We have the most insightful and meaningful conversations about each other, about God, and about life. Which is good, considering we had to wait two hours for a table.

We decided a long time ago that just the two of us needed to go to dinner together, not as a date or anything like that but just for a routine spiritual bonding including sharing a meal together. We met up at Magic Kingdom and then decided where to go for dinner, because we knew, the place we were going to, Ohana, a hawaian-themed buffet where they serve you a bunch of wonderful food in limitless amounts, on request. Yeah, I'm kind of all about that. Anywhoser, I go with Katey. We talk, for a long time until our buzzer finally goes off.

From that point, a slew of delicious fiascos occurred. We were first served a kind of pineapple, coconut flavored bread which was really tasty. Then, a salad with a coconut dressing which I suprisingly enjoyed considering I loathe the nut of cocoa. Next was these spectacular dumplings filled with sausage and herbs and chicken wings of the scrumdidilyumptous variety. Next was the steak with Island herbs, and grilled on wood plank turkey and pork so tender and delcious it was hard to take. Dessert wasn't much better. It was a bread pudding a la mode with pineapple flavored banana fosters that was so too damn good! Also, we got to watch Wishes from the window wall. So magical!

We then went to catch the late night Fantasmic. We met up with an ex-coworker who now belongs to the Muppets. He is incredibly kind, and just a really good and decent guy. He really helps me identify that there are other decent men in this world besides myself, not to be conceited. It's just that I've met a lot of different types of people here involved in lots of different activities, to put it mildly. I feel a lot like people are starting to affect me, which is absolutely wonderful. Katey is among the people who have deeeply impacted my life. Also, Alexandra and Tess, my new roommate Cole, who is asbolutely wonderful, and even some of the people I barely talk to on a regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. You have such a beautiful soul. Promise that we will still talk about the meaning of everything even after you leave!!!

    ReplyDelete